After Gathering reference, I blocked out the skull in Oculus Medium. You can see a short timelapse of this process here:
Once the primary forms were blocked out, I started to add rudimentary details to the skull as shown here:
Next, I exported the skull to Zbrush, where I did a quick Zremesh, UV master, projection and surface Noise treatment. Here is what the skull looked like at the end of that process:
Next, I dropped the new geometry off to Substance Painter, where I did a quick texture bake, and added some bone-line materials to make skull feel older. From there, I dropped the low-res model and textures in to Marmoset Tool bag where I lit and did the final shading for this study. Here is a turntable from marmoset:
Finally, I exported a GTTF file from Marmoset Toolbag to import in to my Oculus home. This method allows for an export of the model and textures at a reasonable resolution for real-time display in your Oculus Home.