I wanted to try a new pipeline for a project to quickly visualize a vis-dev version of a small set piece. The specific goal was to lean to use fspy and the substance painter live-link plug-in. The full pipeline was:
- Fspy (camera tracking)>>
- Maya (modeling, UVs, material assignment)>>
- substance painter (textures)>>
- Blender (lighting, composite, render).
In the future, I am hoping to cut maya out of the equation more for quick explorations like these.
The tools I tried using for this project that I described in this video can be found here:
- fspy (free) -- fspy.io
- Blender 2.83 (free) -- blender.org
- Substance Painter Live Link plug-in ($25): https://gumroad.com/xolotlstudio#fTRFN
- fSpy Importer for Maya ($20): https://gumroad.com/guymi#hcReD
- fSpy Importer for Blender (free): https://github.com/stuffmatic/fSpy-Blender
Would you like to see a full tutorial of this process? If so, which part? drop a comment and let me know. Thanks for taking a look.